We support our investees with a broad range of technical assistance and advisory services which aim to improve the financial, environmental and social performance of the beneficiaries in the access to energy sector. These services, co-financed by EDFI MC and provided by specialist expert advisors, may include:
- specialist advisory during due diligence,
- technical assistance and trainings,
- strengthening of governance including appointment of independent directors,
- impact evaluation studies,
- and others.
In general, we cover up to 75% of the total cost of the technical assistance projects. EDFI MC investees can benefit from EDFI MC technical assistance support up to the lower of (a) 10% of the EDFI MC investment and (b) an amount of € 100 000.
Technical assistance projects need to comply with the following criteria:
- Non-market distortion
- Sustainability and impact-driven
- Accountability and transparency
- Relevance and complementarity with the ElectriFI investment activities
ElectriFI technical assistance is currently only available to its (future) investee companies in selected countries (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Zambia, and Pacific island countries). If you are an ElectriFI investee, you may initiate inquiries regarding technical assistance through your established EDFI MC contact or by completing our technical assistance request form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.